Compared to many compact tractor manufacturers, Foton Lovol is a newcomer to the world of agriculture. Since its inception, the brand has become known for its low prices, while also providing dependable workhorses of tractors, as we discussed in our previous blog, Why Buy Foton? Keep reading for a look at the company’s (short) history, and the compact tractors currently in their range.
A Brief History
The story begins with the founding of Foton in 1996 in the Changping District of Beijing. Two years later, the Weifang Harvesting Machinery Factory of Beiqi Foton Motor Co. Ltd opened, expanding into tractors in 2000. This was the beginning of the Lovol half of the name. Almost immediately, the sales of their Wheat Harvester was ranked as no. 1 in China, a position which they held for 13 years.
In 2007, Foton Lovol came into being from the assets of Shandong Foton Heavy Industries Co. Ltd, which itself was a part of the Beiqi Foton Motor Co. Ltd. Since then, the company has grown by an impressive margin, 23% between 2013 and 2015, producing a large range of items from tractors to drilling rigs, from excavators to three-wheeled motorcycles.
The Available Models
The Foton Lovol UK market has a good range of compact tractors on offer, which are detailed below:
- The TE254R boasts a bijou 25 HP, and has a low environmental impact but also is versatile enough to work in gardens, equestrian centres and smallholdings.
- A little larger, at 35 HP, the M354 is just as versatile, with extra durability due to its stronger chassis and transmission.
- The M504E has a full 50 HP, so it is deal for just about anyone in need of a compact tractor.
- With all the advantages of a large tractor but the manoeuvrability of a compact tractor, the M504 is the big brother of the M504E, but with a 12×12 transmission, instead of an 8×8.
- The M754C is the most luxurious model, with an air-conditioned and heated cab as standard, and a hefty 75 HP to power through just about any task.
For more information, take a look at their website: https://fotontractors.co.uk/